Regardless of your role within your company or level of experience with online networking, social media is an invaluable resource when it comes to attending events. Whether it’s finding the most up-to-date information, making connections and exchanging ideas, or sharing takeaways with your own community, knowing when and how to use social media will help you get the most value from any event.
In our latest ebook, we provide straightforward social media tips for events that will help you:
- Participate in the online conversation
- Network and move your online connections offline and vice versa
- Generate leads and business connections
- Recruit new hires or find employment opportunities
- Share insights with your own community
We’ve included content for any level of experience, from beginner tips to C-suite insights, as well as a survival guide checklist to make sure you have all your bases covered.
Here are some pre-event tips to get you started off on the right foot:
- Update and complete your social media profiles
- Look up the event’s official social media channels and follow, like, and join
- Let your social media circles know you’re attending
- Arrange to meet up with your online connections at the event
- Download or register for the event app if one exists
- Look up attendees and speakers and create lists
- Get your content mojo on and write a blog post or create a vlog
For more on using social media before, during, and after events, including our Event Survival Checklist, download our ebook Social Media for Conferences and Trade Shows.