Social media marketers, mark your calendars! There’s only one week left until LeWeb, “The Internet of Things.” It’s one of my favourite European conferences as it brings together representatives from the big tech and social giants like Google, Facebook, and Twitter, and also introduces us to some exciting new start-ups. Added to the mix are unique personalities such as Carl Lagerfeld, Jamie Oliver, and the Chief Software Engineer, NASA’s Mars Science Laboratory, Jet Propulsion Laboratory: Benjamin Cichy.
LeWeb offers great opportunities to discover new ideas, find inspirations, meet young entrepreneurs, and learn about the future of social media marketing. It is also a great place to meet business leaders, and marketing and social media experts in person to exchange thoughts, expertise, and generate leads. To make the networking part even easier you can use the app: match.presdo.com to connect with attendees beforehand and arrange meetings.
What are the key sessions to attend or watch via live stream?
My top tip: If you’re interested in Marketing, don’t leave the Social Business Track on Plenary 2 stage in Eiffel Building on Wednesday and Thursday!
DAY 1 RECOMMENDATIONS
- 10h20: Benjamin Cichy, Chief Software Engineer, NASA’s Mars Science Laboratory, Jet Propulsion Laboratory (Plenary Room, Pullman Building)
- 14h45: Ben Gomes, Vice President & Google Fellow, Google (Plenary Room)
- 15h05: Katie Stanton, Vice President of International Market Development, Twitter (Plenary Room)
- 15h25: Peter Deng, Director of Product Management, Facebook (Plenary Room)
DAY 2 RECOMMENDATIONS
- 12h00 – 12h30: Girls in Tech Roundtable – Measurement. Analysis, Big Data (Plenary 2, Eiffel)
- 15h20: Michael Lazerow, CMO, Salesforce Marketing Cloud – Learn about the future of Marketing (Plenary Room)
- 15h55 – Kevin Systrom, Co-Founder & CEO, Instagram (Plenary Room)
- 15h35 – 15h50: How Dunkin’ Donuts Keeps Its Passionate Fans Running on Social Media Jessica Gioglio, PR and Social Media Manager, Dunkin’ Donuts (Plenary 2, Eiffel)
- 16h05 – 16h20: Word of Mouth: Myths and Realities with Martin Oetting, Partner & Chief Research Officer, trnd AG (Plenary 2, Eiffel)
- 16h20 – 16h35: Brand Curation & Digital Impressionism with Alexis Thobellem, Global Evian Digital Manager, Danone Group (Plenary 2, Eiffel)
- 17h05 – 17h30: Panel – How Mobility Brands Become Social with Patrick Hofstetter, Chief Digital Officer, Renault and Dr. Torsten Wingenter, Global Coordination Social Media Marketing, Lufthansa German Airlines (Plenary 2, Eiffel)
DAY 3 RECOMMENDATIONS
- 09h35 – Ramon de Leon, Social Media Marketing, Dominos Pizza (Plenary Room)
I had the pleasure to see Ramon de Leon aka #RamonWOW in action at a Marketing 2.0 event in Paris back in 2011 and he can teach everyone some great lessons on the power of amplification of message and conversations. Definitely a must see!
In case you can’t make all of the above talks, we will help you find your way to the most relevant sessions and content via our real-time Command Center at our stand in the Pullman building. There, you’ll see which topics and speakers are creating the most online buzz.
If you want to learn more about how we see the future of marketing you can visit us at our second booth in the Eiffel building where you will have the chance to peer behind the curtain and see how the Marketing Cloud is helping big brands turn connections into customers for life. We will also be holding workshops with Salesforce customers like Dell and Pernod-Richard in the afternoon of December 5 if you want to chat with the users themselves.
All in all, it will be three packed days! And if you can’t be in Paris this year, we will do our very best to connect you to LeWeb with curated content; including daily strategy blog posts sharing our key learnings from the various sessions, video interviews from the show floor as well as live updates via Twitter and Facebook to direct you to the highlights. So stay tuned.