John Jantsch of Duct Tape Marketing rocked a crowd of nearly 700 with a webinar entitled, The 7 Essential Stages of Building a Total Online Presence (learn more about this topic and the social media focus in Gotti’s post here). In keeping with the theme of 7 for the 7 stages, here are 14 tips from the session.
- Use Quora.com to find what questions people are asking in your industry.
- Subscribe to Google Reader and read blogs. John has 180 blogs in his own Google reader. It keeps your finger on the pulse and allows you to find great content ideas.
- Do a great job of creating landing pages and capturing leads.
- Do SEO by yourself – write good content laden with keyword phrases and network to get links back to your site.
- Email isn’t dead. Lead capture is critical and it’s a huge part of your email efforts.
- Build a full Google+ profile and claim your +Local (Place) page. Promote with +1 button.
- Focus on small circles in Google+.
- Use online advertising to drive people OFFline.
- If you’re worried about oversharing know that your audience, luckily, will tell you. Ask yourself, what would be too much for YOU to consume?
- Always circle back to your analytics as a checkpoint for everything you do.
- Use your enewsletter to promote quality content. It doesn’t have to be yours, either.
- Start your day by reading blog posts and schedule tweets to share them throughout the day.
- Use remarketing in your online advertising plan to retarget visitors back to your site.
- Create Twitter lists of customers and add their social profiles to your CRM tool.
Attendees of the webinar shared their tips, too:
— Michelle Ingram (@altoiisinger) November 29, 2012
— michaelkelly5 (@michaelkelly5) November 29, 2012
Where you engage with the company represents the face of the company. Is it email, social, website, search and more. #marketingcloud
— Alyssa Greve(@grevealyssa) November 29, 2012
Watch the webinar in its entirety below and stay tuned for an update to this post with the answers to your questions from the webinar!
We appreciate John’s time and would love your feedback on the webinar. Feel free to add it to the comments below or Tweet to us @MarketingCloud.