Let’s face it, CEOs need a little more than “we should be using social media.” More often, they need some cold hard facts.
Today, we give you 7 stats to finally convince your CEO to embrace social media.
- 79% of European and 86% of U.S. online adults engage with social media. (Source: Forrester)
- 81% of small businesses now use social media — up from 73 percent earlier this year (Source: Constant Contact)
- 82% of the world’s online population is reached by social networking sites, representing 1.2 billion users around the world. (Source: comScore)
- Nearly 1 in every 5 minutes spent online around the world is now spent on social networking sites. (Source: ComScore)
- Twitter has 140 million active users, who post a total of 340 million tweets every day. (Source: The Next Web)
- Facebook has over 845 million monthly active users. (Source: Facebook)
- LinkedIn boasts more than 150 million members, including executives from all 2011 Fortune 500 companies. (Source: LinkedIn)
However, if the folks in your C-Suite are more of a “show me how it’s done in a step-by-step kind of way”, then our latest ebook, Social Media Blueprint: A Step-by-Step Plan to Prepare Your Company, will get you from ideas to implementation.
Is your company facing any obstacles when it comes to becoming fully emerged in social media? What are some of the comments you hear as to why your company can’t get started using social media yet? Let me know in the comments below.