Yesterday we asked to our community for baby names with a social media spin.
Our community team members span North America from New Brunswick to Miami, Arizona to Connecticut. So on a quarterly basis we all get together for full-day meetings. This time around, two of our team members, Melanie Thompson and myself, are expecting and the mention of baby names arose as quickly as the creation of our baby room Pinterest boards.
Here is a breakdown of the responses and a bunch of names you recommended.
We sent the following tweet:
Help! Two of our team members are expecting. Tweet us the best social media baby name!
— Radian6 (@radian6) March 1, 2012
And received 42 posts around the baby names conversation. Here are the main words used:
Some of the great social media baby names you came up with:
- Tweet and Retweet (for twins)
- Tom (cause he’s everyone’s friend)
- Radian 1
- Radian 2
- Baby seni
- Baby gagement
- Rhee Tweet
- Radia (shows commitment to the company, means ‘fulfilled’. Radia are charming and spontaneous)
- Social Lee
- Mark Zuckerburg
- First name: Awesome. Middle name: Influencer
- Ray and Dion or Dan or Anne = Radian
- Evan & Angel (short for Evangelist)
- Radiant-Elisha and Radiant-Sean or Radiant-Isabel and Radiant-anabel
- Hashtag & Mountain Lion
- Alibaster McGillicutty (To ensure they can secure all their social media handles.)
- Lynn (Short for LinkedIn)
We’ll see if we choose one of these names!
We want to thank our community for participating. Add your social media baby name to the list by writing in the comments section. Or join the conversation on Google+. To learn more about engagement including crowdsourcing, check out our eBook, 30 Ideas for your 2012 Social Media Plan.